The end is always at the top

The end is always at the top
No Pain

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

16 weeks out from goal of 18 min 3 mile/ 24 min warrior dash.

Wave 1
Wave one will continue to focus on limit strength, while increasing work capacity and running efficiency.
Diet will stay the same this week, and bdwt should drop another pound or two to 186.5-187.5.

Wave 1 Day 1
4.11.11

First day of track work: I was running out of daylight so I opted to do my sprint work 1st.
Planned;
5 - 1/4 mile repeats in 120 secs with 120 sec recovery.

Actual:
1 - 400M 120/120
2 - 400M 120/90
3 - 400M 90/120
4 - 400M 90/90
5 - 400M 82/Done

So obviously the 120/120 was way to easy and I am actually pretty close to be on par with where I want to be at 6 weeks out. So I will continue to push these a bit and play with rest periods/TT etc. I do not know if i could keep the pace for a mile let alone 3 though. So I have to continue to build up my overall distance tolerance.


- Jump Training 25.5 inch 4sets of 6 (36" Max)

- Squat JTS 5's Accumulation 6 sets of 5 @ 245 (70% of 345) down to a 12 inch box

- Squats (Explosive 1 min break) - 6x3 @ 230# (67.5%) down do a 12 inch box

- FS - 2x8 @ 135

*extra work for Upper back
- Behind the back shrugs: 225 3x15 (added 20# from last week) need to be in the mid 300's on these
- Dumbell Shrugs w/ 3 second contraction 65#x20, 75#x20, 25#x50

MWOD (10 mins calves)

Wanted to add in some GHR and will try to do it today as a warm-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment